Installation C3Fire Manager Client on Mac
The C3Fire distribution contains all you need to run the system. It contains The C3Fire environment, and the needed Java environment.
Install C3Fire Manager Client
The installation is done with commands in a terminal window.
You can launch a terminal window by:
Click on the terminal icon in the Launchpad.
or, Click the Spotlight icon. It’s the magnifying glass at the top right corner of the screen.
Type terminal.app into the search box.
We recommend that you install the system in folder /Applications/C3System.
Create the installation folder with the following command.
sudo mkdir /Applications/C3System
Set read write permissions for the folder. Depending on how you are using your system you may need to set the permissions to 777 while installing. Remember to set it correct after the installation process.
sudo chmod 777 /Applications/C3System or
sudo chmod 755 /Applications/C3System
- Download and copy
- Download and copy the installation file "c3fire-vx.x.x.x-install-mac.tgz" to the install folder /Applications/C3System.
- Go to that folder in the terminal window.
- Uncompress the c3fire system with the following command.
- In the command replace the version V220.127.116.11 number to the version number in the downloaded file.
sudo tar zxvf c3fire-v18.104.22.168-install-mac.tgz
- The installation will create the C3Fire folder structure, see Folder Structure at installation start page.
- Set access rights
- Set read write permissions for the C3System folder structure.
- Depending on how you are using your system you may need to set the permissions to 777.
sudo chmod -R 777 /Applications/C3System/C3LearningLabs
sudo chmod -R 755 /Applications/C3System/C3LearningLabs
The Manager Client needs a license file to be able to create new sessions.
The license file is supplied by C3 Learning Labs. If you do not have a license file, require a system license at the license page.
The license file should have the name
C3Fire.license, the case of the letter is important.
The license file should be copied to the folder: <C3LEARNINGLABS-ROOT>/C3Fire/Server/
Configure Manager Client
- The configuration you need to do:
- Set the IP number to the C3Fire server.
The connection to the server is defined in the file <C3FIRE-CLIENT>\C3FireClientConfig.xml
Example : /Applications/C3System/C3LearningLabs/C3Fire/Client/Files/Root/C3FireClientConfig.xml
<Connection IPNrLan = "192.168.1.6" IPNrWan = "22.214.171.124" PortLan = "8382" PortWan = "8382" ... /> ... <HttpServer IPNr = "192.168.1.6"
- Set the server computer's Lan IP number.
- Set the server computer's Wan IP number. (The IP number the server has on the internet)
The person who installed the C3Fire Server should know the Lan and Wan ip Number.
Disable Connection to C3Cloud server
To make the start process to start C3Fire client easier.
Set CloudServer Active = "False"
... <CloudServer Active = "False" ServersInfoUrl = "http://www.c3learninglabs.com/c3cloud_servers_info.xml" UseServerName = "" /> ...
Now you can test to start a session
- The C3Fiore Server needs to be started to be able to start a session, see Start Server